Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cosmopolitan

Aloha; it is another cold and wet day up here in good old Volcano this morning. It is, again, in the mid 40's with the sun trying to poke through the clouds. A note abut my thermometer; it is located on the SE side of the house, which is supposed to be the warm side. It is 55 in the house, and my feet are cold! Too bad I did not buy some "toasty toes" when I was in Bass Pro Shops.

There was an earthquake off Kailua, Kona this morning, 3.1 I think. Just strong enough to feel if you know what to "feel" for. You just might think that it is the dog scratching fleas on the porch. The volcano update is, again, SOS. As long as the trades keep up the air is clear and clean here in the village. Oh, oh, oh, the sun is poking through. Auwe, missed it.

Nabru asked me about the "race" here in Hawaii called "Cosmopolitan", from the Greek, meaning "of the world". Before statehood and right after, cosmopolitan was considered a valid "race" along with Asian, Caucasian, Polynesian and others. I had forgotten that word and now that Nabru reminded me of it I really think it should be mainstreamed. Now they use Part-Hawaiian. My daughters are a mix of Hawaiian, Japanese, Chinese and a bunch of Caucasian "ethnic groups". Truly Cosmopolitan! The church my mom went to had a part of the mass when the children were brought into the church, from their bible study, She just loved to see all the different mixes of these children. Truly beautiful!

May God bless all of us, Na keiki o ka 'aina.

2 comments:

hokusushi said...

why do i remember just being left in the play area all the time?

Anonymous said...

Cosmopolitian... hmm, reminds me of the drink... quite yummy!