Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aloha a nui loa: It is a very pleasant day in Volcano. My wife and I just got back from a quick trip into the park. I used my special "elemakule" pass to get in for free. We checked out the Park Headquarters as my wife wanted to get a poster for the wall in her office. We then went to the old "Volcano House", which is now an art gallery, to see what they have. I noticed one thing; those artists sure are proud of their work. Yikes!!!! I have noticed a trend that I consider rather disturbing. The use of certain words in a odd fashion. IE: Portuguese as a brand rather than an ethnic group. At the art center I saw a "koa" bowl made from "various woods". Koa is a special wood, not a style of woodworking! I saw on "Antique Roadshow" once, a bowl described as a "koa" bowl made out of monkeypod. What gives?????

It is now 4p and the temperature is 60, on the sunny side of the house. The air is CCC. The sky is cloudy and there is a SW breeze. The vog is being blown south of the village. I hope the vog is not going into Hilo as I will be sitting this week. We will be going to Hilo early on Tuesday as Anakam has to work early that day.

I keep getting stuff in the mail about Medicare. I wonder if HMSA has a plan for medicare. I hope they have a mental health plan as I am going to need it after trying to figure all this out!

God bless all of you and my God bless America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The vog is in Hilo and its real bad...