Monday, March 2, 2009

Cosmopolitan 2

Helloha you'll: I am here in Volcano this morning. Went for a short walk this morning, to the Post Office and back. There was just junk mail so I left it there. Do you think it will disappear? Neither do I. I guess I will have to pick it up sometime. Tomorrow I go to Na'alehu to do the paper work as the main gut will be out for at least 2 more weeks.

It is still rather cool here today. It is about noon and the temp is below 50 on the sunny side of the house. Humidity is about 80% so everything feels cold and wet. The volcano update for today is SOS. I have a feeling that this is going to go on for a very long time. At least the paint drys after a while.

I have started to fill out the book my daughter gave me. I will use it as a guide as my writing is so bad sometimes I can not read it. I will have to do research (Vovo?) as to names and dates for grandparents, also places of birth. I know she has sent me printouts of all that information before but I am such a mess I have trouble finding my head. I discovered last night that I have Microsoft Word on this computer so I guess that is what I will use.

Manuel told me that the former mayor of Hilo gave a talk a few months ago and he used the word "cosmopolitan" and the older guys knew what he was talking about. My daughter thinks it is a very good drink. I had more that one two years ago at a niece's house for Thanksgiving and I will admit it was very good. However I feel that the term "cosmopolitan" should be used to describe the beautiful mix of people here in Hawaii. Mitchner called us the "Golden People". We are indeed rich! (Spell check does not like "Mitchner". I think that is how you spell the guy's name, He wrote the book "Hawai'i".)

God bless all of you and take care of each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its also the name of a somewhat raunchy womens magazine that has great fashion and beauty articles... among other things...lol...

hokusushi said...

you should also use grammar check because you wrote "gut" instead of "guy". Unless that was your intention. Wow, I'm correcting you....I guess I am you daughter. :P Love you dad!!:)

Anonymous said...

Haa haa, dont you mean "your daughter"?
Sorry couldnt help it... I'm a vuvu-daughter too... =)