Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of my faithful readers. I hope you are all wearing green today. When I was in high school a long, long time ago we did not have the lunches planned from the "state lunch headquarters". Rather each school had a manager and she (at that time cafeteria workers were women) had the job of planning each day's meal. Each St. Patrick's Day, Hilo High School would have curry stew that was colored green. Lunches were only 25 cents and it was a full plate lunch. You could get a double portion of the day befores left overs for 40 cents, while supply lasts. The teachers could buy leftovers for $1 an gallon. I guess I am showing my age by talking about the "good old days".

My wife and I came down to Hilo very early this morning as Anakam had to be at work at 6:30a. It is cloudy in Hilo this morning. The weather report is for rain and a warning about flash floods from 8a to 8p. The Halema'uma'u webcam shows the summit area all socked in with fog. The air quality was very bad when we got home last night, but no so bad this morning. Volcano update is SOS.

I just realized that the enter key on the keyboard is different from the enter key on the keypad. If I use the keypad "enter" this blog will post. When I use the keyboard "enter" I just go down one line.

CJ wants me to find spiders on the computer so will close. God bless all of you and may God bless America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to bring you the leftovers! There was so much food that Im sure there will still be tons of the weird jello leftover!