Monday, March 9, 2009

Aloha kakahiaka: Today is a wet, dark and cool day up here in Volcano, Hawaii. One advantage of having a wet day is that as the clouds release water, heat is also released. So rather than having temperatures in the 40s we have higher temperatures. Right now it is 55 on the sunny (?) side of the house. Our volcano is just puffing along, doing its thing. SOS. When I checked the Halema'uma'u webcam I could not make out the plume through the fog.

Anakam and Topher came up last night to get CJ. We had a very pleasant evening. CJ had to show his mom how he can operate "grandma's" computer. I was a little sad that Anakan's sister and Burida were not able to come up. However I was relieved that they did not have to drive in the rain. The roads in their subdivision do not handle water very well. We have a family gathering planned for Kona coming up and I am looking forward to that. I always have a great time as that is my idea of a camping trip. Hot water showers and a bed to sleep in. Great stuff.

Guess what! I have been talking about my doctor's appointment on Thursday, but it is on Friday. I hope for a good day to be able to check out the "tank" so it will be running by then. No garage and I am like the police, do not want to get wet. You have to be doing something real bad to get the police to chase you in the rain, and when they get you, you will get as many tickets as they can write, they do not like to get wet!

Topher is off this week so I will be spending time here at home. Oh, oh. Anakam just called and I am not that good on the computer so I will sign off and check on the earthquake at Pepe'ekeo. God bless and take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there was an earthquake, we felt it here at work.

Anonymous said...

TCD came on the TV and said it was 5.5 and no tsunami. The earthquas=ke website lists it at 4.0 and it was felt and has been reviewed. The CD website is silent on this issue.