Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cats and Tonga

Aloha: Well, things just might get exciting here in Hilo today. We have a tsunami bulletin for Hilo. I am guessing that is because of the eruption in Tonga. I have included a picture, sorry Manuel. The eruption has been going on since Monday. The vent is underwater and near a bunch of islands in the chain. Close enough to the capital city that it can be seen from there.

If any of you are following the blog "my crazy world" you know that my oldest daughter has a cat that loves her so much she brings her presents. Do you know that cats have a special meow when they want to give you something that they caught? If you have an outdoor cat learn that meow or else. Story: When my oldest was born my wife was on maternity leave and we has a cat. My wife is a dog person and did not know that meow. She opened the door and the cat gave her a bird. The bird was alive and flew around the house with the cat chasing after it. Ever try to catch a cat chasing a bird? She finally got the cat trapped in the bathroom, opened the front door and the bird flew out. As I said, learn that meow or else.

Those of you who know me know that I do not like to sleep in the moonlight. Well, the moonlight wake me up last night. At least it was a clear night. The trades have come back, abet light, therefore the air should be clean at the village today. The volcano update is SOS.

My mo'opuna, like all little children, loves to be tickled. He is at the age when he want to return the favor but does not know that the secret is a light touch. He tries to stick his fingers into my ears. As an old chess player I know the best defence is an offence which forces him to save himself. Great fun!!!!

Time to find spiders. God bless you and may God bless America.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auwe, I forgot to reread the blog before I posted it and found a few words that are wrong. I would edit but then those of you who get this as an e-mail will recieve two. E kala mai i'au.

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh. He sticks his fingers in your ears... lol... Yes, Mister Kitty loves me very much. He better! I feed him! lol...