Saturday, March 7, 2009

Aloha: I reread yesterdays post and I realized that I did not mention who I had the long breakfast with. It was with a guy I worked with for about 30 years. He is 5 years older than I and retired a few years before me. He is enjoying his retirement so much that he overslept and a 9a breakfast turned into a 9:30 breakfast. Almost missed the breakfast menu at McD's.

Today's update states that the vent in the vent in the crater in the caldera is making "huffing" noises. I wonder if this is like a train chugging. Everything else is SOS. It is now raining here in the village. The temperature is a balmy 56.

Last night my wife was on her way home with our visitor and her wipers stopped working. She had put that thing on the windshield so the water just beaded off. When she got home the interior lights did not come on and she had put the "tank" in "park". When we tried to switch the cars around she could not get the "tank" out of "park". Auwe, she had to teach an early class in Hilo this morning. A bunch on fuses had blown and so her brother "Chief" came up at about 10p with some fuses and we were able to get the "tank" out of "park" and switch the cars so she was able to give her class this morning. We are going to have to go through all the fuses and replace all those that are burned out. What will happen to the "tank" depends on whether or not I sit this coming week and the weather. It may be next Saturday before we get it running again.

Poor CJ. Last night he went to sleep late as, I think, he expected his dad to pick him up. He kept saying he wanted to go to "daddy's" house. He usually refers to his home as "his" house.

I am still waiting for ideas about what I should bloviate about. God bless you and take care.

1 comment:

hokusushi said...

on the way home i asked cj if he wanted to go to daddy's house and he said no, i want to go to Caysen's house. :) And my lower case "i"s are on purpose. :)