Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Volcano update SOS

Aloha: I am back in "God's country" today. It was a good thing I went Hilo yesterday as I was able to watch my mo'opuna for a couple of hours in the pm.

My header gave you the volcano update. The weather here is the same as it has been for the last week or so. It is now 50 degrees, cloudy (but bright) and no water falling from the sky.

This Saturday is the Red Cross's CPR Saturday at the UH Hilo. My wife is, I think, in charge. She has assigned me to watch the food (lucky me) that the volunteers get to eat for lunch. Different restaurants donate food for the event so we usually have a nice assortment of "goodies" to eat.

The Red Cross here in Hawaii is asking for volunteers to go ND to help at the Red River floods. So far one person from this end of the island has gone. Whoever it is is going to freeze his/her butt off.

God bless and be good. God bless America.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

I wish I could help out this year, but yoshi's brothers baby shower is on the same day... promised to run the games (like always...) I have yet to go to a baby shower where I am not in charge of the games... hmmm.

hokusushi said...

maybe, we'll come in the morning. I have to see first.