Saturday, February 28, 2009

Aloha: It is cold here in Volcano, Hawaii. Auwe, would you believe at 10:30a it is 49 with a wind chill of -99. It is a toasty 56 in the house. The Halema'uma'u webcam shows that the sun is shinning brightly at the summit, not so here in the village.

The update for today is SOS. Do you know, we are now down to the fourth level in "our" volcano. You have the Kilauea caldera, with the Halema'uma'u crater, then the vent in the floor of the crater and now, 100m down the vent another vent has opened up. Cool uh?

Topher is off this coming week so I guess I will be doing some walking. He thinks he will be off the next week also, but will not know till Friday. Not this coming week, but the week after that, my wife will be teaching a class for the Red Cross. It will be from 5p to 10p Monday through Friday. For free no less. This is on top of her regular job.

My kaikamahine 'ekahi has been sick for the last few days and missed work. Someone who does not have children does not realize how a parent worries about them (their children) even when they are adults.

God bless you all and take care.

2 comments:

hokusushi said...

i don't know why she always get sick. I realized she gets sick at least once a month. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, I havent been sick since September of 2008!
Thats a good six months of being healthy!!!!
(I only know this because I havent called in sick for any jobs since then...especially because I started my new job in December and had to use all my sick/vacation time from my old job once I resigned, which was in September!)