Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hit the Trail

Aloha kakahiaka ia kakou: It is a cool and crisp day up here in Volcano. I was able to go for my walk this morning. Left at 7a and returned, later than usual, at 8:40. Took it a little slower in order to savor the cool air and the happy bird noises. In a few years I will be able to take my mo'opuna for a nice walk. I just hope he enjoys it as much as I do.

Volcano update: SOS. The plume is a beautiful, bright white this morning. I spent some time at the Kilauea Iki overlook to watch it for a while this morning. Usually you can see Mauna Kea from there but, I guess, there were clouds moving up the saddle and I could not see the mountain. Mauna Loa was clear and it is a beautiful day.

On TV right now the president is about to sign "that" bill. He is going to sign a bill that nobody has been able to read let alone him. It will be 3 to 6 months before we know just what is in "that" bill. Heaven help us!!!!

Biden is bloviating. I think I will have to find chick flick. God bless America and all of you.

2 comments:

hokusushi said...

wow dad i had to look up that word...

To BLOVIATE means "to speak pompously and excessively," or "to expound ridiculously."

now, i can add that to my head's dictionary. :)

Anonymous said...

Another wrinkle in your brain. =) Mine too.