Monday, February 16, 2009

Aloha: It is a cold and crisp day here in Volcano. Forty nine degrees and partly cloudy. Today, being a holiday, my wife is off and I think we will spend the day kicking back. The "author-itis" in my fingers is acting up. I have had to backspace and retype half the words so far. Auwe.

Volcano update: SOS.

I started e-mailing this blog to a select, hopefully, group of readers and all have replied except for Vovo in Kansas.

Yesterday I spent a very pleasant day at Punalu'u with CJ and family. Chris is off this week so I will be spending the week up here. I hope to be able to do some walking.

I have been trying to go through the junk I am getting for Medicare. What a headache!!! I think I have said it before, if this is an example of how government does medical coverage I hope they never, ever get in charge of universal health care. I have to quit now as I can feel my blood pressure rising. Take care and please be tolerant of each other. As Shakespeare said, "Let the dead past bury its dead." May God bless us all and keep us safe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now I have health insurence and I can not find a doctor. How will incresaing the number of people with insurence inprove health care if no one can find a doctor willing to take them. Here comes rationed health care.

Anonymous said...

If you are in Hilo, try calling Hawaii Family Health, 933-2399. They are accepting new patients and they have three doctors so you get your pick on which one you would like (I believe its two female doctors and one male). They accept HMSA and other types of health insurance, but I would ask first to be sure they accept yours.

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived in Hawaii.

hokusushi said...

hey...me too...i don't have a doctor either. but thats basically my fault because i'm lazy and apparently if you don't see the doctor for a while they "don't consider you a patient." :(

Anonymous said...

Sushi lady - You can go see my doctor, Im going to meet with the doctor on Wed. Call me for more info.
And to the Anonymous that doesnt live in Hawaii - Im sorry that you dont live in Hawaii. Its nice here. =)