Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th to all my readers. It is a wet day up in Volcano this morning. Wet all the way down this morning, but here in Hilo it is cloudy but dry, for now. There is always a "sliver lining" and our water tank is overflowing. It is great to take a long, hot shower, although not so nice electric bill wise.

Our volcano is just prodding along, sending up a lot of fume, and not much else. So I guess the "official" volcano update is SOS.

I e-mailed this blog to several, hopefully, readers and got a total of no responses. Hint, hint.

I got an e-mail about the stimulus that was quite funny. Reminded me of something I heard the other day. I am paraphrasing here: To finance the the stimulus we borrow the money from China and give it to the people, the people go to Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart sends the money back to China. Sad but true.

Oh well, will close for now. Take care and may God bless us all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know the Chinese owned Wal-Mart! But hows this for a silver lining... Wal-Mart employs 1.4 million U.S. citizens. (http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/FactSheets/) Supposedly Wal-Mart is the largest private employer in the U.S., so even though its been said that the money will only go back to China, I like to think a large part of it stays here in the U.S. too. And just for the record, I dont usually shop there, just wanted to share the statistics. =)

Anonymous said...

Most of the goods sold in wal-mart are made in china.

Anonymous said...

What goods are mainly manufactored in the US? I tried to think of some, but was having difficulties... can someone help me?

Anonymous said...

haa haa, I bought my shower liner at Wal-Mart and when I was washing my hair I looked up to read "Made in China". That was uber funny. Reminded me of this blog.