Friday, February 27, 2009

Aloha: Topher thinks that he will be off again next week so I may not be sitting my mo'opuna. I got a few pages of what Nabru is writing about his life as a youth in Hawaii. I sent him an article written by Chuck Norris about his 87 year old mother and how life was during the depression. Just what the people had and what they had to do without. You know, we really have it easy now. Think about it. The crash of 1929, and the nation did not really recover till after WW2. When my mother died a few years ago we found WW2 ration coupons. She would tell of sending sugar to her parents in New York because, as a war zone, Hawaii had more staples that the rest of the nation. Nabru is right, once you start to look back there is on end. One thing leads to another and.....

The volcano update for this morning is, again, SOS. HVO is recalibrating the SO2 sensor so we just might get a new reading.

It was in the mid 40's this morning in Volcano. Partly cloudy all the way down and nice and cool here in Hilo. Right now it is cloudy and windy.

Tomorrow is the wife's and my anniversary. Reminds me of the time Manuel was getting out of the Navy and I told our Uncle John about how he was getting out the next month, He looked at me and said, "My boy, been married to the same woman for 50 years and no end is sight." I told my then girlfriend that if she stayed with me long enough she would get to be an old lady. I guess I was right. The trouble is I am getting to be an old man. Its funny though how my mind says I am 30, but my body says "oh no you are not!". Auwe no ho'i!!!!

Take care and be good to each other. May God bless all of us and may He bless our great nation.

No comments: