Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fat Tuesday.

Aloha: Here it is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Yesterday was "Fat Tuesday" when all good Catholics use up all the good stuff that they are going to give up for Lent. Yesterday was also my wife's birthday. Anakam decided that we should all go out so we went out for dinner. There were 6 of us plus CJ. It was a very pleasant evening. We went to a very nice place called "Don's Grill". It was my mother's favorite place to eat. She and my brother would go there every week after church.

Yesterday's and today's weather was much warmer than the day before. It was all of 49 degrees. It is rainy and cool here in Hilo this morning. The webcam view of Halema'uma'u shows that it is clear at the summit this morning. The volcano update is SOS, except for SO2 output. It was measured at 2,200 tonnes per day yesterday. That is the highest for the Halema'uma'u vent this eruption.

The sibling e-mail going back and forth now is about sleeping in the moonlight. I don't know about you but I, for one, hate it. I want the bedroom to be dark. When the moonlight comes in the window it drives me crazy. I have to get up and rearrange my sleeping position to get out of the light. I think that is why I really do not go camping. The family likes to go at the time of the full moon for night fishing.

God bless all of you. Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that "Fat Tuesday" was called "Malasada Day" in Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

Yum. Malasadas are yummy. My supervisor brought us some on Tuesday from Kawamotos in the am... goes great with coffee!