Saturday, February 7, 2009

Aloha ahiahi ia kakou: Today was, and still is, a beautiful day in God's country! Unfortunately we were not able to go to Na'alehu to get my wife's "tank". I really do not know what the scoop is and will not be able to find out till Monday.

I think I will have to stop calling Volcano "God's country" as more and more people are moving up here. Bright and early this morning somebody was working, clearing, the lot two away from ours. I think the house next door is not going to be used as a vacation retreat for the owners family as it looks like people have moved in permanently. Every time someone passes gas next door the dogs start to bark and auwe!!! They have two small dogs that they keep in a cage in the back yard and those dogs know how to yip. The traffic going to Hilo and returning is getting bad.

Years ago I used to work at a polling place for the elections. A few years ago my wife got interested and instead of working at a polling place became a trainer for precinct officials and a trouble shooter. I got back to being a precinct official this past election. Why am I telling you this? Because of what is happening in Minnesota. Can you believe it!!! Just this week they "found" more uncounted ballots. What has happened to the respect of the ballot in this country? Here in Hawaii the ballots are kept under watch at all times and are transported under lock and key with special security guards. They are never put in the trunk of a car but are transported by a special van. Sorry for the rant.....

Take care of each other and may God bless all of you.

No comments: