Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A walk in the Park.

Aloha: Today is a much better day than yesterday. I was able to go for my walk in the Park. When I got to the Lava Tube a few bicyclist showed up. We had a nice chat till they realized they were one short. The guy I was talking to thought that she had gone to the restroom, but was taking too long. When her husband went to check she was not there. (Rereading what I wrote I see I forgot to say that it was 2 couples.) I think that the missing rider did not know that her companions went up to the tube overlook and just went by. I asked if the missing rider had a cell, and the other woman looked at me as if I was crazy. They went looking for her and I went home.

It looks like something might be happening at out volcano. The following is lifted from the HVO website. Activity Summary for past 24 hours: Seismic tremor and summit earthquakes increased starting at midnight along with glow from the Halema`uma`u vent after 3 am suggesting the return of a lava surface deep below the Halema`uma`u Crater floor. The report also stated that the RB2S2BL quakes are above background levels. Things just might get interesting.

Both of my daughters report having wild pigs in their yards. That would be expected for my oldest as she lives in the "boonies", but Anakam live in Hilo proper. Walking distance from schools, churches, stores, and other city stuff. I suggested she get in touch with Fish and Game so they could trap them. I worry about my 3-year old mo'opuna.

Here it is, almost noon, the temperature is 62 and it has gotten dark outside. It was like this yesterday at just about this time, but we did not get any rain. My wife reported that it poured in Hilo yesterday.

Well, I think I will quit for today. God bless all of you and may God bless America.

3 comments:

hokusushi said...

i hope they found their missing rider. thats a little scary.

kaiulani said...

Thats very scary!

Coconut Girl Connie said...

what do you think is happening (besides the obvious) at Halemaumau?