Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Snowing

Aloha: I just checked the Mauna Loa webcam and it is snowing on our mountains. I used to have a link to the Mauna Kea webcams but somehow I lost it. The MK webcam is much better that either the ML or the Kilauea webcams. I think that if I Google "Canada, France, Hawaii telescope" I should get to the home page and there should be a link to their webcams.

There has been no real change in "our" volcano in the last 24 hours. It is a cold and wet day in Volcano this morning. Looks like it will be so for the rest of the day. It is now 56 degrees on the "sunny" side of the house. I read a report from NASA and the data they have collected show that since 1997 the mean temperature of earth has declined every year. NASA's research also shows that the changes in the weather we are going through are, in fact, man caused, but the cause is the clean air laws and regulation of the 60's and 70's. Something about the decreasing of sulfur emissions. Also noted is that we are now into a period of decreased solar output.

Today, being a holiday, we are home and the poor dog on the porch is trying to protect his food from the doves. I guess that is how he gets his exercise. I think we got him in 97. Topher is off next week so I do not have to sit CJ. My wife and I will be going to the other side of the island as she has a EMT conference to attend.

Oh, yesterday I was going to make mention of the snow on ML when I checked before I wrote. There had been a light dusting and most had melted when I checked at noon.

God bless and be good.

No comments: