Monday, April 27, 2009

Do you have the flu?

Aloha: Two weeks ago I was sick with a cough. No fever or any other symptom just a bad cough. I got over it and now my wife got it. Same like me, just a cough, nothing else. It took me about 10 days to get over the bad cough, but I still will get a fit about one or two times a day. My mom had gotten the flu in 1918 and as a result never got the flu again.

This morning it did not look like a good day for a walk so I stayed home. I should have just done it. It has been cloudy all morning, but no rain. The plume from Halema'uma'u is going in the wrong direction so the air quality is in the "not so hot" area, so maybe I did make the right decision.

It looks like Topher will be off the week that my wife and I go to Denver for her user conference in May. We will miss out on my youngest graduation from college. Auwe!!!! Do not tell my wife, but I was hoping that the trip would not be approved. I, for one, would rather visit people than places.

This morning the temp was below 50. Now, at 11:30a, it is 60, and cloudy. The volcano report is the same old SOS. Because the wind has been blowing in the "wrong" direction HVO has not been able to measure SO2 production since April 15.

Well, I guess that is it for today. I hope this finds all of you healthy and well. God bless you and may God bless America!

2 comments:

hokusushi said...

I personally would rather the trip been cancelled too. Don't tell mom. :)

But guess what....I am starting to come down with something. Yesterday, I couldn't smell anything, but I could breath through my nose. Today, my throat is starting to give a little itch. I took medicine and hopefully it won't turn into a cough or anything worse. :(

kaiulani said...

I didnt go to work today. Was sick this morning...