Monday, April 13, 2009

Egg Hunt

Happy Monday everyone! This past Saturday my wife volunteered me to help at the Easter Egg Hunt down in Keaukaha in Hilo. We were to staff a booth for the morning and another group was to man the booth for the afternoon. Well, the pm group did not show up so you all know who spent the day manning a booth. Topher, Anakan and CJ came down and CJ got his "keiki ID" and his share of "eggs". All plastic, so no egg salad sandwiches this week. Kids just are not interested in eggs that can be eaten. While manning the booth I was able to talk to a guy in the next booth and one of my "pet peeves" surfaced. I would like to know who or when it was decided that "Portuguese" is a brand. "Portuguese Brand Sausage" and "Portuguese Brand Bean Soup". I guess I am a "Portuguese Brand Human Being" now. And how about the word "Koa". I forget just where I heard it, but "Koa" is not a wood now, but a style of bowl. I heard a bowl described as a "Koa bowl made out of Monkeypod". What???? How about a Ford made by GM! Auwe,!!!

It is a little warmer today. 58 on the sunny side of the house, cloudy and the ground is wet. The volcano update is SOS. I checked the summit webcams and it looks like the snow on the mountains is sticking around. I wonder how long it will last.

Tomorrow the wife and I will be going to the Kohala Coast for her user conference. I will drive to visit my sister on Wednesday for the day. I will miss out on the "Tea Party". There is one here in Hilo and another in Kona.

That's it for today. I will try to get a "chapter" in tomorrow, but may not be able for the rest on the week. Be good to each other and may God bless you all. May God bless America.

1 comment:

Coconut Girl Connie said...

Your post made me smile...the pet peeve, I never thought about that, I guess it was like how people called copier machines xerox machines (even if they were made by Toshiba). My mo'opuna and I spent Easter in Kona..nice and sunny!