Sunday, April 19, 2009

Like a bad penny

Aloha: Like a bad penny that keeps turning up, here I am again. Oh how lucky you are. The wife and I had a very pleasant time in Waikoloa this past week. being in the area brought back memories of hiking in from Puako in the early 60's to camp on the beach and fish, in the ocean and in the pond. There was a 3 walled shack on the beach that we slept in. Years earlier, when my older siblings were in high school. the family would go the Hapuna and we would be the only ones on the whole beach. During the summer a couple of school teachers from California would camp for about 2 months at Hapuna and then we would have company. I think we cramped their style.

The weather and volcano reports are SOS. Topher works this week so I am on duty. The song lyric is so right. "The closest thing to heaven is a child".

Hey, the sun is out and the temperature has gone up 5 degrees so I think I will go out and toast a little. God bless all of you and be good to each other.

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

OMG. Like a bad penny??? Seriously, you are more like an awesome hundred dollar bill that I wish would keep showing up but doesnt show up as often as it should!!!