Monday, April 20, 2009

The "eyes" have it.

Aloha: I got back from the eye doctor a little while ago and boy, do things look weird. I had drops in the eyes and am now waiting for things to clear up so I will be able to go to the eye-glass shop. It was spooky driving back to Anakam's house. Every time I start to write on this blog my mo'opuna wants to see spiders. I guess he will just have to watch Poo for a while till I finish.

The vog was bad in the volcano area yesterday. A little better this morning and is light here in Hilo. With the "kona" winds we usually have bright and sunny days at volcano. When only Pu'u 'O'o was degassing the vog would be below the inversion layer and volcano would not have any vog. Halema'uma'u change all that since the vent is above the inversion layer. The weather and eruption updates are SOS.

Have any of you gotten a call about your car warranty? I have gotten at least 3 in the last month. The number is 256-659-6931. I googled it and have a physical address. I am thinking of sending a "nasty-gram" to show just how much I appreciate their concern. I do not listen to the message and now Anakam has programed my phone to say "Do not answer, Scam".

Well, it looks like it is spider time. God bless and be good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as the nasty gram is concerned, DO IT! They call me every day, and I've already asked them twice to put me on a do not call list. I just gave one of their telemarketers an earful...so if you DO send a 'nasty-gram', throw a few punches for me.

Anonymous said...

The car warranty things are usually bull. I don't own a car and I seem to frequently get these messages about the approaching expiration date.
I don't think they're brilliant enough to know about my imaginary car...

Anonymous said...

I just answered a call from the 1 256 659 931 number and gave him and earful... But he was hanging up before I got warmed up so I'm sure he's heard it all before.
*Sigh*

If you have the address please post it so that others can write and complain. I asked him where he was located and he said Southern California but the area code shows Alabama.

I'm sick and tired of it.

Anonymous said...

the number is phished from a real number, so the poor guy in Alabama that this number belongs to is getting hosed too. just file an FCC AND a donotcall complaint - it's easy and fast online. they can track better than we can.

Dale said...

I agree, send the nasty-gram! I just received a call on my business cell phone which is a government phone. I am going to turn it over to our police section for a possible scam.