Friday, April 3, 2009

No Change

Aloha: Today is another day, just like the rest. I have been off now for 13 days and only one day was a "go for a walk day". One other day was spent in Hilo. Was able to drink a lot of coffee, and get mad at the news on the TV. My girls wish I would not watch so much news as it tends to depress me. The reason we have freedom of the press in this country is so that we have an informed electorate. Then we have a failed school system that produces an electorate that can not read. I saw somewhere that a large percentage of 18 - 30 year olds get their new from the Colbert Report. That is a comedy show!!!

Our volcano is just chugging along, doing its thing. Sometimes at night, just as I am falling asleep, I think I hear the roar of the volcano. I then realise I forgot to turn the fan off in the other room and have to get out of the warm bed to turn it off.

Today is wet and gray. It is 52 on the "sunny" side, not raining now, and the news is all about the shooting in NY. Too bad nobody there had a "right to carry" permit. Instead of 13 dead there would have been, maybe, 3-4. Same with the Virgina Tech. shooting. Instead of 34 dead, it would have been only 5 to 8. Sorry for the rant.

Be good to each other and may God bless America.

1 comment:

Coconut Girl Connie said...

No huhu the "rant" possibly the most "sound" I have heard in a long time. Also, the fan thing made me laugh...you are just keeping it real!

Aloha