Monday, January 5, 2009

Today is the 11th day of Christmas.Tomorrow is, of course, the 12th day and is also the anniversary of my mom's (grandma) death. January 6th is called Little Christmas in most of the world. Between December 25th and January 5th is when gifts and exchanged, then are opened on January 6th.

It has always been a mystery to me why the retail industry has not jumped on this fact to prolong the Christmas buying season for an additional 12 days.

I am here in Hilo today so do not know what the weather is like in Volcano. I think it is safe to say that it is wet and that Halema'uma'u is doing its thing. Hilo is having sun and showers. We call it liquid sunshine. Makes for some fun humidity, like above 90%.

God bless!!

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

Janet and I were talking about Grandma this morning. She was loved by all!!! Cant believe that its going to be three years. I miss that lady more then ever. =)

Anonymous said...

hi dad....i am leaving you a comment as a test. :)