Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hello out there!!!! Tomorrow I have to take my wife's "tank" (Ford Expedition) to Ka'u Auto Repair to have some work done on it. I think I made mention of the fact that K.A.R. knows more about Fords than the dealer does. My wife bought the "Tank" in a display of defiance on 9/11/01.

It looks like things are picking up at our volcano. Tremor is up, tephra production is up, a webcam above the vent recorded glow last night. It looks like the lava lake under the floor of the crater is rising. We shall see what we shall see.

Last night I was thinking that maybe I should do this in the evening before I go to bed rather than in the morning. What do you think?

Tomorrow is CJ's 3rd birthday. We will be having a family gathering (both sides) at the beach on Saturday. Just going to throw stuff on the hibachi. If it rains than we will be in the garage here. It really will not be anything special.

My daughter has not been assigned her internship yet. Because of the economy most of the places that would hire IT people have put a hold on new hires.

Take care and may God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would think that they would hire her especially because of the economy. Doesnt internship mean working for experience not money? Im thinking that more companies would want "free" labor! Plus doesnt she get school credit in exchange for monetary compensation? They should hire her, they wont be sorry!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kaiulani! That's why internships were created in the first place. Like the old "apprentice" method. My ex was an intern for about a year at a legal firm when she was studying to be a paralegal. All she got "paid" was enough for her parking expenses -- but she got her certification as a result of the experience and it wasn't long before she was hired full time by another firm. It's a great program and I can't see why employers don't use it more often.