Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Aloha kakahiaka ia kakou: Well here it is another beautiful day in paradise. The wind is blowing the "wrong" direction so the village is voggy this morning. I am down in Hilo and it is thick here also. I expect the news out of Honolulu will shortly be about the vog on O'ahu.

On a previous post I said that to be located an earthquake had to be recorded on 3 seismometers. Auwe, another error, it is 4 seismometers. The park designates smaller quakes as, are you ready, RB2S2BL (Recorded But Too Small To Be Located). I guess the guy (or gal) that made that up must be into texting. Tremor is still elevated, but RB2S2BL is at background levels.

Have not heard from either of my sisters in a while. Have not heard from my younger brother either for that matter. Other then that, those who have "checked in" are all well and kicking.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Take care and God bless.

PS. Just did a spell check. Old words like "codswallop" the spell checker likes but does not like "texting". Weird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heres a funny thing! Im reading this book and last night the author used the word morose! Gosh, I wonder if I wouldve noticed that had it not been for your blog. Oh well, I guess we'll never know!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet you will not see codswallop.

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt be too sure about that! The author is British, and according to my research codswallop is a British English word for nonsense!
See below:
The word codswallop, primarily a British English term meaning "nonsense", is of uncertain origin.

Anonymous said...

BTW, you were correct. I finished the book and codswallop was not in there. Oh well!