Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Aloha no: It is another glorious day in paradise. Up in God's country it was clear and 48 degrees. Vog is still a problem as the wind is blowing the plume toward the HVO visitor center. If this continues the park may just close, including the Volcano House. They did it before and will do it again.

Volcano update, SOS (Same Old Stuff). RB2S2BL quakes are at background levels. Tremor still elevated but not as high as yesterday. SO2 (sulfur dioxide) rate is high, 1000 tonnes a day, normal is 140. It is the SO2 gas, along with the H2S (hydrogen sulfide) and H2O (water vapor) that makes vog so bad for you. At some point it is like breathing sulfuric acid mist. Not so good for you.

CJ is still in bed, Topher has gone to work, as has Kana, so here I am waiting for my mo'opuna to get up so I can start to do my job.

I had a, for lack on a better word, funny thing happen yesterday. I got in touch with my brother who does a lot of work with the SSA to find out when I should apply for my medicare card. When I got home there in the mailbox is my medicare card with the start date. Maybe I should inquire about my million dollar prize from wherever. Now my wife and I will have to figure out what kind of secondary plan I will need as I have been told that I may need knee replacement surgery in the future. There was a lot of reading material with the card so I guess we know what we will be doing this weekend.

No news is good news so I am assuming that those I have not heard from are all healthy and doing there own thing. Take care of yourselves and each other and may God bless you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I myself am having dilemas trying to decide what insurance plans will be benefit me. Right now, Im looking into disability income protection, especially something that may help when we decide to have some babies. Still gottah pay that mortgage! Also, seriously thinking about Cancer insurance. Lord knows it runs in the family!!!

Anonymous said...

Cancer insurance for someone with a family history is a very good bet. However I would check if disability covers maturnity. Usually government jobs have pretty good maturnity benifits.