Thursday, January 8, 2009

Aloha: Time sure flies. I can remember when the National Park had signs all over the place that said "This is a mission 66 project.". The 66 refereed to 1966, the year that the project was to be finished. I thought I would never live to see the day. Now it is 2009. Boy, I am getting old. My dad, who loved to take the whole family for rides all over this island, unfortunately, did not make it as he died before 1966. Auwe, I am getting morose.

Today I am at home and the weather just is not helping me with my walking plans. It is another wet day in God's country. I guess if you want green you have to put up with what it takes to make it green. I checked the earthquake site and it listed 70+ quakes for the last 2 weeks. Checked the Yellowstone earthquake site and they had over 150 in the last week. I hope all my relations east of the Rockies are keeping an eye on Yellowstone. Mayhaps Yellowstone is the reason the Inca calendar ends on December 21, 2012. Now I am getting morose again.

Halema'uma'u is just doing its thing. As long as she is smoking and fuming a large section of the park is closed. There is a section off the chain of craters road I really want to explore but it is now in the closed off portion of the park.

I really should carry a note book with me so I can jot down ideas of what I want to write about when the idea strikes. I think I should close for today before this turns completely into codswallop.

Take care and may God bless you all.



2 comments:

kaiulani said...

Its okay, Im morose today too. I just met with my insurance rep here at my government job and we planned my death... lol. Not how Im going to die, but whats going to happen when I die. Talk about morose.... who uses that word anyway????

Anonymous said...

Morose I know about. The word that got me was "codswallop". Is that like a cod that swallowed something morose? - or the metomorphis of a swallow that mated with a cod? Hmmmm. So anyway, I'm sure Lani didn't really mean they planned her death - which would REALLY be morosely morbid --- and the result would most likely be a real codswallop. :)