Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Era!

Aloha: A new era dawned in the United States today. Obama is now President of the United States!! As I told my daughter this morning, her son will never live in a world where a person of color can not be the President!!! It brought to mind what my mom told me of her life, from the first air travel to a man on the moon. The only constant in this world is change.

Unfortunately not much change at our volcano. I guess if you look at it on a daily basis not much happens. Then all of a sudden all h*** breaks lose. Let us all pray that when it happens Kilauea lives up to its reputation as being a "gentle" giant.

It was a bit chilly in God's country this morning. Would you believe 39 degrees. the house next door has some visitors. They left before us this morning. I do not know if they will be there for a short time or not. The house is usually used as a vacation home for a family that lives in Honolulu. The longest anyone has stayed there has been about 3 weeks and that was last year. This time new bedding and such was brought in. The ground is so wet that their driveway is now a river of mud.

I am here in Hilo sitting CJ today. My daughter has school today. This is her last semester. She hopes to get an internship that will lead to a nice job.

May God bless all of you and may he bless our new President. Take care of each other.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad Gore does not know that change is constant. The earth is changing all the time. It will get hotter and it will get colder no matter what humans do.

Anonymous said...

What has Al Gore have to do with my post?

Anonymous said...

I wish we had another holiday today to watch the celebration. I wouldve loved to have witnessed this historic event live... oh well, at least I got to hear it on the radio!

Anonymous said...

If you think it was chilly at the volcano, think of all those military and security people who had to stand out in that COLD Washington weather! They must've been all wearing longjohns! I remember when I played for Johnson's innaugural the valves on some of the trumpets froze. That was a long miserable day!