Monday, January 26, 2009

Aloha kakahiaka ia kakou: Here it is another beautiful day in Hawaii nei. It was, again, a cold and wet day in God's country when we left this morning. It was down to 48 degrees. It is cloudy here in Hilo so it is not hot. Those of us who live up-country find Hilo to be rather hot during the day.

Halema'uma'u update: SOS. No report on tephra collections for the last few times. Earthquakes, SO2 and tremor all the same. There was faint glow from the vent last night so it appears that the lava lake is slowly rising.

Today I will have to be the "villain" and take CJ to the doctor for his well baby check-up. His mother will be at work so I get the job. I hope I remember where the doctor's office is and what questions she wants me to ask.

I made mention of the leaky faucet in the kitchen and I tried to fix it. Got nowhere as the screw that holds the handle on started to strip. I will now have to get a special thing-a-jig to remove a striped screw. I am thinking of changing the whole fixture as I do not like the way the faucet works. The outlet is not high enough when you want to rinse dishes or wash your hands.

I am waiting for the auto repair to call about the "tank". I think I will try to take the "Hele-on" bus from Volcano to Na'alehu on Friday to pick it up. Since my taxes pay for the bus I might just as well use it.

I am still waiting for ideas for this blog. Any ideas folks? God bless and take care. Oh, I almost forgot. The time here in Hilo is now 9:41a.

PS: CJ update: Got back from the doctor's and CJ is AOK!!!! Height 39.25 inches and weight 38.75 pounds. One pound per inch. Puts him in the top 10% for his age. His eyes and ears were checked, no shots this time and next appointment in one year. Except for the hearing test he was very cooperative. Great kid!!! This up-date posted at 3:30p.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're not happy with the present faucet now's a good time to get a new one. Nowadays they are really easy to install and you seldom need special tools, etc. Most connections are hand-tightened. I've always found it easier in the long run to replace a leaky faucet than to fix the leak.