Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday report

Aloha: The company I worked for before I retired three years ago is closing its last supermarket today. They will still have their connivance stores (Wikiwiki Marts) and there larger store (Island Market) in Na'alehu. I worked for them from 1974 till I retired from the Na'alehu store in 2006. I bring this up because there was a get-together yesterday in Kea'au and I was the oldest fart there. I just knew a handful of the older timers. I worked for Sure Save longer than most of the people there have been alive. Wow, this is getting to be rather morose and maudlin. I did not intend it to be so. E kala mai i'au!

My rain gauge runnth over. Not really, I just wanted to say that. It holds 5 inches and this last week we had 5.5 inches of rain. On Thursday I saw that it had 3 inches so I emptied the gauge so it would not runnth over. Spell check does not like runnth. How else would you spell it? The weather today is cloudy without rain, for now. Hilo has been getting a load of wet and wind. There is a small store by Anakam's house, Kai Store, that had the awaning blown off the front of the store the other day. Took some of the siding with it.

Thanksgiving for the Hilo clan has been set for Ka'iulani and Burida's house. My sister and her husband from Kohala are coming in and she is bringing her great pumpkin pies.

Well that it for today. God love you all and take care.

No comments: