Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A requested blog

Aloha; I have tried to get my siblings to start their own blogs as a way for all of us to keep up with what is happening. The only way I can get them to read my pearls of wisdom is to email my blog to them. Well, my brother, Manuel, has requested that I tell the world that he is going to visit relations and friends on the mainland. He leaves today and will be gone till December 4th. (Or is it the 3rd). The highlight will be Thanksgiving at our niece's house in Missouri. Kansas Vovo and our other brother from Florida, Nabru, will be there with about 100 other nieces and nephews and grandnieces and grandnephews and our new great-grandniece. I was able to go a couple of times and it was a great experience. The first time was at one niece's house and the next year was at another's. The second time we had about an inch of snow and that was the first time my wife saw and felt real snow. I think I got 3 snowballs in the face before breakfast. A great time was had by all. We have "snow" on the mountains here on the Big Island, but it is more like shaved ice. Not soft and fluffy but hard. A Hawaii snowball is more like a rock and you do not want to be hit in the face with one.

FYI: There are glacial moraines on Mauna Kea. Hawaii once had ice caps, year round, on its mountains.

I guess that it for today. May God bless and keep all of you safe.

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

Haahaa, its funny that you say that father... since I remember you hitting me in the face with a hard snowball when I was only 7 or 8!!!