Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Something new

Aloha: There has been a change at out volcano. Just after 3 am, the floor between two of the holes collapsed leaving an elongate opening; just before 6 am, more of the floor collapsed to reveal a circulating and spattering lava pond below. The red part is from the HVO website. Auwe, I missed it. It sure would be nice if they would publish some sort of schedule of upcoming events. I really have lost tract of how many holes there are in the vent in the crater in the caldera, or if we now have a hole in the hole....... Tremor and RB2S2BL quakes are still low, tephra is slightly higher with new bits and hair. SO2 is still elevated. Almost SOS.

It was beautiful at Volcano this morning, but started to rain at the rubbish dump (transfer station) on the way down. It is wet all the way to Hilo. I hope it is not raining when I go to pick up CJ at school today. I do not like umbrellas. If I hold it high enough to keep my head dry poor CJ will get wet and if it low enough for him I can not hold on to him when we have to cross the street. I have put in my request for clear skys from 2 to 3p this afternoon.

Hey, Glenn Beck just came on so I guess that will do it for today. Take care and may God bless and keep you all safe.

No comments: