Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another Sunday update.

Aloha: Another Sunday has come. and it is time for all of you to find out how much rain my rain gauge has accumulated for the last 7 days. Here it is!!! All of 0.05 inches. That's right, 5 one thousands of an inch. Today is another beautiful day in paradise!

The "glow hole" in the vent is almost closed off by spatter. I saw a faint glow from the Pu'u 'O'o webcam the last two nights. All else is SOS.

Anakam has given me the day off on Wednesday. November 11th is Veterans Day and I am a veteran. After going to UHHC on the GI Bill I got a job and had to shave my "freedom" beard. I took every Veteran's Day off. At that time my employer let us take one day off sick without a doctors slip, so I would take "my" holiday. We had a good deal at that time. We would get 7 paid sick days a year and if we did not take them off we would get 7 days pay as a bonus at the end of the company's fiscal year. When the bosses son came home from college and started to "work" for the company we lost those kinds of benefits. We did not get paid for one day sick and had to go to the doctor to get paid for any day after that.

We have a problem. Our big dog lives on our porch and he does not mind if the birds eat his food. I have seem one perched on his head while he is sleeping. The problem is that the birds poop all over the porch and make a great big mess. I want to get rid of the birds but do not want to hurt them. Any ideas?

I will close this for today. God bless and take care.

No comments: