Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!!!

Aloha: I would like to take this time to wish all you veterans out there a very happy Veterans Day. When I got out of the Navy in 1969, after serving 3 years 8 months and 8 days, I went to the UHHC under the GI Bill. At that time I grew my "freedom beard" and looked like a "mountain man". One regret I have is that I never got my picture taken with the beard. I grew out my beard on two occasions in my life and both times I did not get a picture taken of my bearded face. Do not forget that the United States is the land of the free because of the brave!

I saw an interesting thing the other day and am going to put it here. Are you ready? I hope this copy and paste thing works.

NOAA: October was 3rd coolest on record (global cooling continues)by News Release Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Auwe; the photos did not make the trip. If you want to see the photos I guess you will have to go to (hawaiifreepress.com) yourself, or I guess you could go to the NOAA site. Sorry.
PHOTOS Left: Sun at peak of warming, 1998. Right: After 10 years of cooling, 2008. NASA reports that the absence of sunspots continues today.
The average October, 2009 temperature of 50.8°F was 4.0°F below the 20th Century average and ranked as the 3rd coolest based on preliminary data. If you are surprised by global cooling like this, it means you haven't been paying attention.
I also saw a program where Al Gore was being asked question and he was asked a question about the Polar Bears. Polar Bears are "endangered" and Gore was asked why there were more bears today than there were 40 years age. The questioners mike was cut off. It seems that the bears are "endangered" (a political distinction) when they are, in fact, not (reality). Another example of this kind of disconnect is that OJ is not guilty (a legal distinction) even though he did kill his wife (reality).
Auwe! Enough for today! God bless and take care.

No comments: