Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday report (again).

Aloha: November is here and I hope you all (mainland readers) remembered to change your clocks. In Hawaii we do not have Daylight Saving Time. We stay on Standard Time all year long; and, believe it or not, we do not even have trains.

I have been living here in Volcano for just about 30 years. Last night, for the first time, we had "Trick or Treaters". I was walking our big dog and there was a lady and her two children, all dressed up, were out on the road. I really felt bad that we did not have anything for the kids. I did my "sorry" thing and explained that they were the first in 30 years. The first Halloween after we got married we had made little bags of goodies and only one car came into the driveway. When we went to give out the bag the car backed out and took off. I got the impression that had we not been at home we would have come home to a very bad trick. Halloween is a good time for the "baddies" to do there evil deeds as there is a lot of traffic in the area. It was a Halloween night when I got robbed 35/40 years ago when I was living and working in the Waimea area.

We were going to have CJ with us last night but I guess my daughter and Topher had too much PARTY the night before so did not go to whatever Halloween Party that was planed for last night.

Now I know you are all waiting for the rain report so I will not make you wait any longer. We had all of 0.25 inches of rain this past week. The weather today is beautiful, bright and sunny. A great day to be alive.

The volcano report is SOS. There was no glow on the Pu'u 'O'o webcam last night. The overlook webcam was another story. Quite the view.

All pau for now. God bless and keep you all safe.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

She said that it wasnt too much party, but because CJ was a naughty boy and he was being punished for not listening. He didnt get to go trick or treating either because he didnt listen all day and that was his punishment for being naughty...

hokusushi said...

You know I figured we would get trick o treaters so I baked cookies and then we had NONE!! :( So, I made chris go outside and knock on the door and say trick o treat. LOL!! Ahhh...the things I make him do! :)

Next year I want trick o treaters!!!