Monday, October 12, 2009

Very interesting!

Aloha: I just saw a very interesting thing on TV. A guy had a pre 1964 quarter. He could remember when a quarter would buy a loaf of bread so he took the quarter to a metal dealer and sold the quarter for its silver content. He got enough for the quarter to buy a loaf of bread at the local supermarket. The bread did not lose value in relation to the silver. It is the dollar that has lost its value. Silver is at over $17 an ounce and gold is over $1000 an ounce.

My wife calls, using a calling card, every day, so far. She will be in Samoa for about 2 more weeks. There is a cruse ship in the area and she gets to go on board to get a hot shower and a hot meal every once in awhile. I think twice so far. The weather is hot in Samoa so just walking from the bus to the shelter and she is soaking wet from "sweat". (I know, horses sweat, people perspire.)

Today the weather is misty, but very pleasant. The volcano is doing its thing and is SOS.

Too bad my daughters have forbidden me from commenting on the news of the day. Things are getting very scary for our nation. That's all I will say as I do not want to get "nasty-gram" from my dear daughters, God love them!

God bless and take care.

No comments: