Thursday, October 1, 2009

News Flash 2

Aloha: My wife will be leaving Hilo on Friday to go to Samoa. Since she is a workaholic she went to work today and I think she will go to her second job tonight. That means that she will have to pack tonight and get ready to go. So far we do not know what time she will leave Hilo to go to Honolulu. The National Red Cross is making the arraignments and she will be going from Honolulu to Samoa by military transport. She thinks the plane will be filled with Hawaii volunteers. My oldest daughter told me that there is an article in the paper this morning about her going to Samoa. When I go to the PO I guess I will stop at the store to get a paper.

The overlook webcam had some nice views last night and early this morning. At night the camera will record in black and white. From daybreak to about 7:30a it will show color so you can see the pond of lava in the hole, in the vent, in the crater, in the caldera. This seems like a good place to sneak in that the volcano report is SOS.

Today's weather is wet. I made a small pot of soup and it is good soup weather. I cooked up some Tonbo Ahi (albacore tuna) for my wife as she really does not like soup although she claims she does. Whenever I suggest soup she shoots me down like she is the Red Baron and I am Snoopy.

We thank all of you for your wishes and concerns about my wife's trip to Samoa. May God bless and keep all of you safe and sound.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2009/10/01/local_news/local01.txt

link to article.

hokusushi said...

awww....my mama is a hero!! :)