Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Flash 6

Aloha: I got 2 calls today from my wife. There was an earthquake in Vanuatu and Samoa is on a tsunami watch. She is at a place called Iliili, at the airport, less than a 10 minute walk to the beach. ETA for any wave generated is 3:10p Hawaii time. The tsunami watch for Hawaii has been canceled. I am now waiting for her to call to let me know that everything is A-OK. It is now past time for the wave to get to Iliili. No news is good news.

It is bright and sunny here in Volcano and we just had a great big "boom". I do not think it was thunder as it was quick and short. The dogs have been whining and fussing all afternoon today. Well, we just had a normal thunder so we just might get rain. The dogs sure do not like the noise.

The volcano report is SOS. The lava pond has receded below camera view but the glow says it is still there. That's all for today. God bless and be good.

No comments: