Monday, October 5, 2009

News Flash 5

Aloha: I got a call from my wife this morning. The Red Cross has given each of their volunteers a calling card so that they can call those who care for them. Samoa is one hour behind Hawaii and she said that the area looks like the Hawaii of 30/40 years ago. Opihikao, Hawi, Kukuihaili, Milolii, only a lot hotter. They are keeping her very busy. She got to Samoa at 3a Saturday and has her own cot to sleep on, in a shelter. She has already been mistaken for a Samoan and has asked me to look into the possibility of getting her a passport. She does not like to have her picture taken so I really do not have one that could be used for that purpose. I guess I will have to go into Hilo to the main PO to check on getting a passport.

I just found out that if you drive across the border (with Canada or Mexico) you do not need a passport, but if you fly across the border you have to have a passport. Another government gem!!!

The weather is cloudy and kinda misty. Not really wet. The volcano is, I guess, SOS. I really can not remember if I checked the Kilauea update this morning. I know I checked the earthquakes and the webcams, but do not remember reading the update.

Oh well, that's all folks!!! God love you all and be good.

2 comments:

hokusushi said...

i have pictures of mom if you need it.

Anonymous said...

me too. Can you use the ones from bird park?