Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No Passport

Aloha: I went down to Hilo today to see about getting my wife a passport. I tried calling and got tired of playing "punch the number", so went down to see what goes. To make a long story short I was right, passport have to be issued in person. It takes 6/8 weeks to process, but wait, for an extra $50 the time can be reduced to 3/4 weeks. When she was at Hickam she called and there were several members of her group that did not have passports so who knows what will happen in 3 weeks.

I told some of you this so please bare with me. She called the other day and told me that she had gone to a store to buy a phone care. When she told the owner what she wanted he let her call me on his store phone. I thought that was very nice of him. She told me that starting today she will be working the phone in the hospital fielding calls from people looking for loved ones. I do not think I could handle that. Just thinking about it is bringing tears to my eyes.

Hawaii has been on a flask flood watch from yesterday and will continue till Thursday afternoon. No rain here in Volcano yesterday and none today. Cloudy, some mist, but no rain. We could use a little wind as it is kinda voggy today.

The lava pond returned to the hole in the floor of the vent in the floor of the crater in the floor of the caldera. Last night the pond was crusted over by you could see how large the pond was because of cracks in the crust. It is a much nicer view when the surface is churning around. All else is SOS.

God bless and take care. Love to all.

No comments: