Monday, October 19, 2009

Good News

Aloha: I just got a call from my wife. Very unusual; she does not call in the middle of the day. She will be leaving Samoa on the 22nd at about 10p. That is 11p Hawaii time. Again the powers that be were making noise about a passport so she called Immigration and was told that the papers I sent her when she was in Honolulu will be more than enough. It should be as that is the same paperwork Obama used to prove he is qualified to be president. Other qualifications are still in doubt. Stay tuned for a "nasty-gram" from some of my readers.

Our microwave went "kaput" this morning. I was reheating a cup of coffee and the thing would not go on. I just bought a new one "male" style. That means I went into the store, found the ovens, picked one out, paid for it and left. I will not spend $30 on gas to save $15 by shopping around. I am now looking for flannel sheets. Checked Sears and they did not have any so decided to stop. I just might go and try someplace else tomorrow.

The weather was misty when I left Volcano this morning. Wet all the way down to Hilo, and is now cloudy bright and humid. I am waiting for the clock to tell me it is time to pick up my mo'opuna from school. I am waiting to talk to Anakam as she had a parent-teacher conference on Friday.

The volcano report is SOS. There was a great view from the overlook webcam last night. The lave pond was quite high and you could see splatter and such. At about 10p the pond drained away and now there is nothing to see. The area is still inflating so we just might get some fireworks yet. Or not.

God bless and take care.

1 comment:

hokusushi said...

ooo...the volcanoes doing some exciting things. :)