Sunday, August 30, 2009

Whats with the hats

Aloha: Did any of you watch the Kennedy thing on TV? I saw parts of it and the pallbearers were from the different branches of the armed services. I could not believe the hats the Navy guys were wearing. When I was in the Navy if I had worn my hat like that I would have been busted. They looked like they belonged in a cartoon, not in such a solemn occasion.

I have been told that the last year that Hualalai had snow was in 1936. Hualalai is the third active volcano on the island of Hawaii. Kilauea and Mauna Loa are the other two. On Maui, Haleakala is the only other active volcano in the State of Hawaii. There is another active volcano in the chain and that is Loihi off the coast of the Big Island. Loihi is still under water and if you want to wait around for a few thousand years you may be lucky enough to see it emerge from the "briney deep". I have decided not to stick around for that. The airport in Kona is built on the last flow from Hualalai.

The volcano report is SOS. The Halema'uma'u vent is putting out quite a bit of SO2 gas, but the Pu'u 'O'o vent is actually below its 5 year average. Happy are the people living in the Glenwood area.

I will not be sitting for my mo'opuna this week. I just got a tool set so I think I will try to build shelves in the closet and try to get some order around here.

God bless and keep all of you safe and sound.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

Just wanted to leave you a comment so that you know that we are reading your blog and love it very much. Keep up the good work!

hokusushi said...

so i went to look for a drill bit set for your new drill and i didn't realize that there were sooo many drill bits. GEZZZ... So, i mentioned it to chris and he volunteered to come with me and get the right one. i knew i had him for a reason. :) nah, i keed!! :)