Monday, August 10, 2009

Weather Again

Aloha: Yesterday I thought that by this time today we would be getting very, very wet. Well, today is a beautiful day in Volcano. The sky is blue and the sun in shinning. I do not think it will be like this all day however. The storm has changed course a little and will be going north of the Big Island. Good for us, bad for Maui. A few years ago, when I was working, something happened at work and I said to the person it happened to, "Better you than me." and he got very angry. He said I was wishing him bad luck. I hope the people of Maui do not have his attitude. It does seem that the bullet dodged the Big Island.

For the first time since the 4th of July there was a glow from the vent in the floor of the crater in the floor of the caldera last night. Not much, but a glow. My biggest worry about the storm rain is the steam that would be produced at the volcano. A steam explosion is not out of the realm of possibilities. I think a steam explosion is what ended about a century of activity in 1924. If memory serves there was a death from that explosion. As far as the volcano report, it is SOS.

I really have to take notes. I sit down and once I start to write I forget what I was thinking. I get so involved in what I am writing I forget what else I wanted to write about.

I put a new thing on my blog so you can "vote" on how much you liked the days blog.

May God bless all of you and may He bless the USA.

No comments: