Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting older

Aloha: Reading the blog "my crazy world" reminds me of all the good times spent down at South Point. We would go to Ka'alu'alu and walk back along the coast to look for glass fishing floats (glass balls). We had a Volkswagen that we used as a "jeep". Usually it was just my mother and I. Now that I am retired I have a companion that thinks my knees are just great. My companion is Arther Itis. Many times we would take the long way out of the area by going to the Point proper then out. That way we would past the green sand beach. It is really a sight. The area is very hot and dry. The beach itself is hard to get to as it is down a cliff. While I was an Anthropology student at UHHC we worked a few sites in the area. That would be in the early 70's.

I am in Hilo today and am just waiting for the clock to tell me I can go get my mo'opuna. It is cloudy in Hilo today so not so hot. Volcano was very nice when we left this morning. Still no water in my new rain gauge. I hope to be able to measure some rain while it is still new.

The volcano is doing its thing. I did not see any glow again last night but the report said there was one last night. The plume was very heavy this morning. For the last few months it has been thin and wispy. SOS again.

God bless and take care of each other.

2 comments:

kaiulani said...

I wish that you would come with us even though I know that you would not be able to walk on the lava rocks. It is such a beautiful place and so relaxing. I think next time we want to go down to Kona somewhere, however, its a shame that some of the fish arent edible there. I think we may camp this weekend out in Kalapana somewhere. I really want to go fishing again. Im excited to catch the big one. =)

hokusushi said...

i wish i would have enough patience to fish for longer than 10 minutes. :)