Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Guess who is back?

Aloha: Well, I am back. Denver is a very nice place. I have found that most places I have gone to are quite nice. The heart of Denver is the 16th street mall. Only special buses are allowed on the mall. Well, not quite. there were rickshaws and horse drawn carriages. A lot of places to eat at very reasonable prices, which was quite a surprise. Every restaurant had open air dining on the mall and much to my surprise there were no birds begging for food at the tables. As a matter of fact I saw very few birds in Denver, Very few bugs too. I did a lot of walking while my wife was in her meetings and now my "friend", "Arther Itis" is pestering me.

I was to sit my mo'opuna this week, but Topher went to work yesterday and completed the work that his boss had planned for the week so I do not have to sit this week. The whole family will be going to spend the holiday weekend in Kona. We have been doing this for the last few years now and always have a very pleasant time. We are all looking forward to this time together. I am one very lucky guy!

The volcano report is like I never left. SOS. The weather in volcano was a little voggy this morning, but it did clear up. Now it is cloudy and quite dark.

While we were waiting in Salt Lake City for our plane to Denver I saw an interesting thing. We were sitting near the gate and a girl, about 20 years old, went to the agent for reasons unknown to me. The agent looked at her boarding pass and called another agent over. The second agent had a police officer with him. The officer stayed back about 5 steps while the second agent talked to the girl. After about a minute the officer steps up to the girl, they then pick up her carry-on's and the officer takes her away. Now, those who know us, know that my wife has very good hearing and at the distance we were from the scene, she would have no trouble hearing what was going on so I turn to her and ask. Well, she had been reading and did not see or hear a thing. It was like finding out your ace in the hole is a deuce. She was sorry that she did not know what was going on as she is just as noisy as I am, although I think she would deny it.

I guess that will be it for today. I am kind of out of practice and will need to get back in the groove. Take care and may God bless all of you.

3 comments:

kaiulani said...

Yay! Welcome back and Happy (belated) Birthday!

hokusushi said...

wow, thats really interesting. I wonder what the girl did? Maybe she had swine flu? hmmm...i wonder.

kaiulani said...

hokusushi is obsessed with swine flu.