Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It has not stopped me before.

Aloha: I get the feeling that my readers do not want to read about what I want to write about so I have days like today that I really do not have anything write about. As I have said before, and I will say it again; just because I have nothing to say does not mean I will say nothing.

I have been trying to find something good to say about the "health care reform bill" in the Senate and I have finally found something. The Senate bill will reduce the rationing of care we now have. Care today is rationed by health insurance. Have insurance; have health care. No insurance; care is limited. In the present bill (Senate) the fines for not having insurance is so low that, for the young, the sensible financial decision would be to drop the insurance. For most of the young (late teens to about mid 40's) do not use and therefore do not need health insurance. Since the companies will have to cover pre-existing conditions there is no penalty for not having the insurance till you really need it. (When your house catches fire, call 911, then 411 and ask for the number of a fire insurance company. No pre-existing conditions.)

The volcano and the weather reports are SOS. Starting today the days will be getting longer and the countdown to 2012 begins. Three years and counting. 3..2..1.., you get the picture. I think it was 3 years for the USSR to be no more after Gorbachev got elected.

God bless and be good to each other. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Holy New Year.

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

Merry Christmas to you too. I have no time to blog about the storm, so Im glad you did it for me. =) Thanks!