Friday, December 11, 2009

CFL's

Aloha: The other day I talked about the CFL bulbs that we will all have to use after 2012. Well, one person took exception to the comment about getting the "haz-mat" team in to clean up a broken bulb. I wanted to "lift" the part about clean-up from the EPA website but I do not think I have enough memory to do so, so I will, in my own words, give you all a few highlights. I hope I do not get cramps from tying this.

1.....Before clean-up; air out room.
a.....Have people and pets leave room, making sure no body walks through
the area on their way out.
b.....Open windows and air out room. Wait at least 15 minutes before
going back in room.
c.....If you have air condtioning or heating or fans, turn them off.
2.....Cleaning up steps for carpet and rug.
a.....Pick up glass and put in glass jar with metal lid.
b.....Use sticky tape to pick up small pieces of glass.
c.....Vacuum area; put used vacuum bag and/ dirt in sealed plastic bag.
3.....Cleaning steps for clothing and/or bedding.
a.....If clothing or bedding came in direct contact with glass or powder
discard items.
b..... Do not wash! You will contaminate the machine and
will have to get rid of the machine.
4.....Disposal of clean up materials.
a.....Place all clean up materials out doors for trash pick-up; checking to
make sure local requirements for disposal are met.

The volcano and weather reports are SOS today. The birds are making happy sound and it is just about time for me to go down to Hilo. God love you all and take care.

For reasons I do not understand this program will not spell check. Auwe!!!

1 comment:

E. Tutu said...

Auwe! I had typed this out so nice and it printed out all mixed up. Sorry.