Saturday, December 26, 2009

A great day!

Aloha: I hope you all had as great a day yesterday as we had at Anakam & Topher's house. (I think I will just use A&T from now on.) The fire in the kitchen was very small and put a light smoke flavor on the turkey. We had way too much food and ate more than our fair share.

I got a test message from one of my nieces at 4a Christmas day. My phone was making a sound I do did not know and I was trying to turn off the alarm clock, 90% asleep, not knowing what was going on. I guess she was excited about having a white Christmas. Yes, AF, we love you too.

We have been living here in Volcano for more than 25 years. (we-25; me-30) When I first moved up here I had to get a PO Box as there is no home delivery. At that time I had to pay for the box. A few years later the PO decided to let us have the box for free, we just have to fill out a form every year stating that we live in the area. This year the PO has decided that I have to provide proof that we live here. They want a utility bill with our address on it. The only utility bill I have is an electric bill and it does not have a physical address on it. I do not have a land line phone and I have my own water system and sewage system so no bills there. I do have cable but no address there either. I hope they take the fire insurance bill. Why do they want that info after 25 years?

Weather is beautiful and the volcano report is "I forgot to check this morning". The overlook webcam had a great view last night. God bless you all and take care.

No comments: