Sunday, December 6, 2009

In the beginning.

Aloha: When I first started this blog I would copy a part of the HVO website as the volcano report. Hence today's title, "In the beginning", since that is what I am going to do today. Are you ready? Here it is!!!

Activity Summary for past 24 hours: Kilauea continued to erupt from two vents. At the summit, spattering continued from openings in the floor of a deep pit in the floor of Halema`uma`u Crater. Sulfur dioxide emission rates from the Halema`uma`u and east rift zone vents remain elevated. From the east rift zone vent, lava flows through tubes to the coast and is entering the ocean at several locations west of Kalapana.

Just as in the beginning what I "lifted" is in red. Maybe I should put the rain report in blue. This past week we had all of 0.9 inches of rain in my neck of the woods in the village. How about green for the forest report? Red for fire; blue for water; green for veggies; and a jacket for me.

I just counted the light bulbs in our house. There are 27 of them. I changed to those energy saving fluorescent bulbs. The box says "lasts 10 times longer" then the regular bulbs. HA!!!!! Do not believe it. I have to change 4/5 bulbs a month, the same as with the regular bulbs. Right now I have to replace one in the living room and one in the kitchen. Have you ever had one of them break? We did. It will make your eyes water, and you have to call the haz-mat team. Also you are not supposed to throw them in the rubbish. They are a "no-no" in the land fill. Auwe no hoi! E kala mai i'au.

God bless and take care.

1 comment:

hokusushi said...

well i have to disagree...because we installed our light bulbs when we moved in and we haven't changed one yet. :) Maybe you should have an electrician look at it....i happened to know one. ;P