Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tsunami

Aloha: This morning there was a very large earthquake off the coast of Samoa. Hawaii went into a tsunami watch for a while and has since been taken off the watch. However the beaches have all been closed for the day as there will be some small wave action and currents around the beaches will be disrupted and could be dangerous. It has been a long time since we have had a tsunami here in Hawaii. I remember the 60 wave and helping with the clean-up. I saw the National Guard pulling bodies out of the wreckage and transporting them to the morgue. These islands are long overdue for a major tsunami. The school that CJ goes to is close to the tsunami zone so classes were canceled for today. Whatever wave action we will get is expected in about on hour.

I tried to go for a walk in the park today. It was very nice when I got up this morning but by the time I was ready for my walk the sky was dark and it looked like rain. I ended up just going to the PO and back. The sky is still not too friendly but no rain yet.

Our volcano is chugging along doing its thing so I guess I can say it is SOS.

That's it for today. God bless and take care. May God bless the USA!

1 comment:

kaiulani said...

What an exciting unproductive morning. Basically we waited around to hear whether we should evacuate or not. Yikes. Im glad it didnt happen.